My full proof recipe for crispy Beet and Sweet Potato chip
I’ve done it. I’ve perfected the baked beet chips – and added sweet potato for good measure. Here’s the recipe folks! The trick is a high temp, keeping an eye on them and flipping throughout!
I also included my recipe for a spicy vegan cashew & turmeric dip! It’s so good and versatile. I love drizzling it on pizza or avocado toast.
Baked Sweet Potato & Beet Chips with a vegan cashew Turmeric dip
PREP TIME: 10 min
OVEN TEMP: 500
1 Large Beet
1 Large Chioggia Beet (Striped Beet)
1 Large Sweet Potato
1 tbsp avocado oil
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp of black pepper
CASHEW TURMERIC DIP
1 cup cashews (soaked in water for an hour)
1/3 cup water
1 garlic clove
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tbsp of nutritional yeast
1 tbsp of juice of 1 lemon
1 tsp Turmeric
1/4 tsp of cayenne
- Rinse and peel beets & sweet potato.
- Slice thin – and I’m talking THIN (see photo of sliced beets, I want to say like 3mm)
- Line baking sheet with tin foil and evenly arrange the beets so there’s no overcrowding. Drizzle with avocado oil, salt and pepper.
- Bake beets and sweet potatoes in a 500 degree oven for 35-45 minutes, watching them and flipping them as they cook so they are evenly crisp on both sides.
- **Trick to keeping them crispy – let them cool on a baking rack so the air circulates under the chips.
- Arrange with dipping sauce – best to serve after cooling, so much moisture in the vegetables that they will soften within a couple hours.
Turmeric Cashew Dip
Soak the cashews for an hour, you can do over night but I find an hour works just as good. Drain the cashews and rinse. Blend the cashews in a blender with water, nutritional yeast, lemon, turmeric, cayenne, garlic, salt and pepper. If it’s too think just add more water till it’s the consistency you like!
I hope you guys like the recipe, happy snacking!
Till next time, Emily